WestWoods Manor – (7115 Stewart Rd-Liberty, MO)
Joan Kahl -Mgr. ( firstname.lastname@example.org)
Street Art Murals Competition
Westwood Manor has approximately a half-mile of asphalt streets.
- Westwood will have 15 to 20 spaces 10’ x10’ for each artist.
- Westwood will supply all paints necessary and prep the area for paint.
- All work will reflect American Ashcan School emphasizing; Thomas Hart Benton, Andrew Wyeth, Edward Hooper & George Bellows.
- Artists will be allowed, and encouraged, to go outside the provided area to create their own unique frame for their work. Both will be judged.
- Westwood will seal all paintings and award prizes.
- First place will be $1,000, Second place $500, third will be $250.
- A $20 entry fee and submission of work is required for quality sake.
- Awards will be given at a community potluck dinner free to artists.
The Missouri Arts Council (www.missouriartscouncil.org) has posted a call for artists for two (2) arts placements:
1) Mural in Rocheport @ the Visitors Welcome Center:
MoDOT Welcome Center Mural (Rockport, Missouri)
RFQ Received Deadline: 4 p.m. Monday, January 23, 2012
Eligibility: Professional artists and artist teams residing in the U.S. and that have at least five (5) years of public art experience
Budget: $25,000 for all artist fees, materials, etc.
For complete RFQ, visit https://www.missouriartscouncil.org/graphics/assets/documents/ce4d1f0ea639.pdf.
Inquiries: Missouri Department of Transportation
M. Elaine Justus – 816-387-2353 or email@example.com
2) Short Street Parking Garage (Columbia, Missouri)
RFQ Postmark Deadline: February 17, 2012
Eligibility: Artists and artist teams legally residing and eligible to work in Missouri
Budget: $47,000 for all artists fees, fabrication, installation, etc.
For a complete project prospectus with application guidelines and selection process visit:
This project is funded through the city’s Percent for Art Program.
Inquiries: City of Columbia, Office of Cultural Affairs
573-874-6386 or oca@GoColumbiaMo.com
The Liberty Arts Squared Preview Show will be at Belvoir Winery on March 22nd. Like last year, many of our Arts Squared artists and winners will be displaying their work, Belvoir will have wine samplings, there will be musical performances and appetizers will be served by many of our local restaurants. We will also have a silent auction, as we had last year.
This year, the Liberty Arts Squared festival promises to bigger and better than last year. We are expanding it to two days, June 1-2. The entire downtown square will be blocked on Friday night, June 1, and The JEM will be providing wine and beer for festival patrons to enjoy throughout the entire downtown square as they enjoy the art and performances. Also on Friday night, the Wild Women of Kansas City will be performing among other groups. On Saturday, the emphasis will be more on family activities.
Some of the ways you can support Liberty Arts Squared include donating item(s) for the silent auction at the Preview Show as well as attending the Preview Show or by being an Arts Squared sponsor. Details about both are in the attached letters. All proceeds from the silent action benefit Liberty Arts Squared and enable us to attract quality artists, provide prizes and enhance our marketing to draw more people to the festival and to the historic downtown area.
Heather A. Jones